Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I guess I was 1 of 2 million . . fans!

Here it is - Boulder Masters Cycling Team [BMCT] - present at the ToC 10 feet before the red KOM line on Mt Palomar on the last stage of the Tour of California 2009. just before . . .


this random guy wearing antlers ran over it . . .

so I grabbed this guy and asked him to say a few words to keep it safe . . .


and then I told the guy in the green shorts he better run wide around the sacred BMCT chalk marking, and Freddy agreed with me (if you click on the image you can see Freddy's expression!)

Californian's are crazier than the Basque and the Dutch combined! But the descents are SO much easier. I've been at KOM or mountain top Finishes on Alpe d'Huez, Luz Ardiden, Col de Telegraph, Col d' Aspin, and L' Plat d' Adet and this was a dream post race descent off of Mt Palomar with hundreds of cyclists in a clean path following behind a CHP mortorcycle cop at a perfect pace!

You gotta go next year!

No comments: